This Christmas I made a vest for Dad....
front
When JoAnns had their big fall sale I bought the fabric, a suede like material, and the pattern - Simplicity 2870. I almost passed this pattern by because the picture on the pattern cover did not appeal to me, but I am glad I bought it! The pattern was fairly easy to make and I like the collar, the sloping bottom edge, and the 'V' at the back. The front has a 'V' shape too when it is buttoned. I think the sloping line of the bottom of the vest, (the back is actually shorter than the front) makes it easier to sit down in - it shouldn't ride up in the back. Dad likes it and is planning on wearing it to a friend's wedding next weekend. :)
Now I need to figure out how to convince Dad to let me make him a long western style Frock Coat.... :)
~Alyssa








No comments:
Post a Comment