Monday, January 12, 2009

A Scottie quilt.

I saw a little picture in a quilting magazine we get of some cute little Scottie dogs and decided to make a small quilted wall hanging with a Scottie hand appliqued in the center. (I also embroidered a saying I liked along with some other embellishments...) I used some little blocks made with scraps from another quilt to frame it. We used to have a black and silver Miniature Schnauzer and this quilt reminds me of him. He looked a lot like a Scottie and was a good friend.


Here the quilt is basted, partially quilted, and ready for the binding.


Binding strips cut and pinned.


Sewing the strips together.


Then I ironed the long strip wrong sides together....


...and sewed it onto the quilt.


Trimming off the excess backing and batting.


Here I am hand sewing the binding over the edge.
Once the binding was sewn on, I finished quilting the blocks close to the edge of the quilt.


Then I added a hanging sleeve.


Quilt is finished!!








~Alyssa

1 comment:

Janel said...

That is absolutely adorable!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails