Friday, October 2, 2009

Why Study Historical Fashion?



Mrs. Chancey recently wrote an excellent article about the study of fashion throughout history and the story it can tell us. Below is the first part of what she wrote:

"While we were in England, I had two different people (both of whom I met while on the tour but who were not in our group) ask me why we’d bring over a group to study clothing, of all things. Weren’t there far more important things we could have devoted our time to? Clothing just seemed, well, frivolous–lacking any real depth.
Naturally, I beg to differ. And so allow me to give you the philosophical underpinnings of my lifelong passion for the study of historical fashion (particularly women’s clothing) through the centuries.".....

Go HERE to read the rest!
~Alyssa

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Jennie's article was wonderful and inspiring! I enjoyed it very much.

The dresses in those pictures are absolutely gorgeous! :-)

~Melanie A. from the forum

Related Posts with Thumbnails