Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Project Started!





A couple weeks ago I was going through my stash of possible projects and found this cross stitch kit I had bought on sale for $5 at a quilting/craft shop when we lived in Vermont. It is a reproduction sampler from the 1850s that someone had started on - but there were mistakes in it. So I spent a few days taking the stitches out. Once that was done I started right in cross stitching. I am looking forward to having it to work on this winter. There is something comforting and old-fashioned about working on a sampler!
~Alyssa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to cross stitch generally, though I go through times when it seems to cause severe headaches. :( I am working on a sampler that I am making for a dear friend of mine now ... Maybe I'll try to get it out this week. It has been sitting and waiting for me for awhile now but your post is inspiring me to start working on it again! :)

To the KING be all the glory!
Rebekah

BLOG: http://www.donotgrowweary.com/blog

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

the W. family said...

Rebekah,

Oh dear, I am so sorry about your headaches. :( That can be discouraging. I know it helps me to put a pillow on my lap with the cross stitch chart on that, so I don't have to bend over so far to read it. That helps my neck not get stiff, (which can be a problem for me). Very good lighting helps prevent eye strain; although I'm sure you've probably thought of that already!
I do hope you will not get a headache this time.

Blessings,
Alyssa

Wendy said...

I used to do quite a lot of cross stitch and enjoyed it very much--made a lot of gifts, too. All you girls do such lovely work! The thing that I like about a crossstitch project, and especially if it is Scripture, is that it's forever (virtually)! It will bless you and your family or the receiver of the gift all their life! The ones that I've done when I was in my 20's still hang on our walls now that I am in my 50's, and I will pass them on to my children and grandchildren, Lord willing. Don't you think that is a good investment of time, Alyssa, and your project looks like an especially lovely one!
Lots of love to you all!
Mrs. G

Related Posts with Thumbnails