Saturday, October 10, 2009

Quilts, Fall Colors, and Pies


A friend from church told me about a block-of-the-month club that one of the quilt stores in town has each year. Yesterday was their first meeting for a new quilt, so Mom and we girls went to see what it was like. There were well over 60 ladies there, most of them over 60! The lady in charge told us about the first block (see picture above) and explained how to sew it. Then there was a time for show and tell. That was a lot of fun, and reminded me of the quilt guild we were in when we lived in Vermont. Exclamations of delight went up from the crowd as people showed their creations!

The lady on the right made this quilt and hand quilted it too! She is donating it to a raffle. It was so beautiful!


Tulips!


This was the quilt top one of the ladies made with last years block of the month blocks. I like the colors in this one, very old-fashioned looking.


If I remember right this was a quilt top someone bought at a garage sale and had borders added and then quilted it. It has so many little pieces!

We enjoyed the time there and being with ladies who love to quilt and sew. It was nice to have some encouragement in a homemaking skill. :)


The sky was very blue and clear on the way home. When we drove into our driveway I got out of the van and walked up to the house so I could take some pictures. I love the bright leaves!



In the evening there was a men's meeting at church so Amy and I went to help serve food. Mr. B., who used to be a cook in the Navy, made all the food for the supper meal, the ladies just made the pies. :) These are just a few of them, there must have been over a dozen pies!

~Alyssa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails