Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Visit :)

This morning we went over to a friend's house.... While Ana and Mindy did their book study, Mom, Amy and I visited with Bethany and Mrs. W.

We got to talking about photography and painting and they showed us some of the paintings various family members had done. Here is Bethany and her lovely painting of an Iris.


Their Golden Retriever 'Arthur' watched us from the entry. :)


I took this picture on the way home - the water is high along our road. If we get a lot more it will overflow the ditch...

~Alyssa

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow! Gorgeous painting!! Does she sell them? I'm sure that there are those who would be interested! Alyssa, I always enjoy your ability to take an ordinary road on a gray wintry day, and make it into a very interesting photo!! Thanks for blogging and God bless!
Mrs. Gunn

the W. family said...

Mrs. Gunn,
Thank you so much for your comment!

Bethany painted the Iris over 10 years ago, and she hasn't done anything since...she should though! They are a very creative family.

I appreciate your encouragement. There is something special in every day - even dull gray ones, and I like to try to capture that. :)
With love,
Alyssa

Related Posts with Thumbnails