Friday, March 6, 2009

Saturday Morning...Feb. 28, 2009

The day of the wedding had arrived! Mom and Dad walked over to Starbucks for coffee while we got ready for breakfast.


We all agreed that they need larger bathrooms in hotels!

Mom and Dad came back from their walk with a recommendation for a place to eat breakfast. A lady at Starbucks had told them that the Beck 'n Call Cafe was the best place to go.
So off we went. :) We certainly would not have stumbled on it by ourselves as it was off the beaten path.




It was an old time cafe. :)


Our waiter Eddie, offered to take a pictures of us.


Hot sauce anyone?


Amy waiting for breakfast.


This is what I had - a bacon and cheese omelet with grits and a biscuit . I had never had grits before so this was a first for me. They were quite good!




Someday, if we are ever return to this area again we all would like to come here for breakfast. :)

We decided to find the church where the wedding will be so we would know how long it would take to get there. Following Eddie's directions, we found it easily. And guess what - I forgot to take a picture of it! I took pictures of lots of other things though...


A live oak with Spanish moss.


I love the porch on this house.


The buildings in the 'downtown' were very pretty.



Another unusual plant.

Once we figured out where the church was, we went back to the hotel to change.
Wedding pictures up next. :)
~Alyssa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails