The summer dress I started working on last week at the ladies craft day at church, is now completed! The fabric is some my Mom found on sale at JoAnns and the pattern is one I've had for a few months now. (Also purchased on sale at JoAnns.)
The sleeves have pleats and piping...
I like this pattern. :) It takes longer to make than my usual basic dress pattern, due to all the pleats and piping. But it turns out so nicely! The only changes I made were to raise the neckline about 1 inch, and take the front midriff piece in 2 inches. (Otherwise it wanted to bulge out oddly in the front...not a good thing!) Oh yes, and I lengthened the skirt 4". :)
Now I need some warm weather so I can wear it!
~Alyssa








6 comments:
Oh how pretty! I think I may have to try this pattern if I can find one!
Ever so beautiful! I love the fabric you chose for it!
Oooh! This is so pretty, Alyssa! I love the fabric -- I am such a fan of blue and white! Beautiful! ~ Mrs. Chancey
That is beautiful! I love that fabric!
It's really lovely! So graceful!
~Tiffany Hope (from S&S)
Thank you all for your words of encouragement!
~Alyssa
Post a Comment