Saturday afternoon Mom and we girls went to a performance of It's a Wonderful Life put on by a group of homeschoolers in a town about an hour from us. It was in a 1044 seat historic auditorium that was built as a WPA project in 1936.

Before the production...the auditorium was very pretty. :)

One of the actresses getting ready.

And the play begins!!
Before the production...the auditorium was very pretty. :)

One of the actresses getting ready.

And the play begins!!
The costuming was very good - I especially loved the ladies outfits, and their hair! I wish I had gotten more pictures of them. (If you'd like, you can click on the pictures to see them bigger.)
An older George with the suitcase salesman.
The young man that played George Bailey was very well cast for the part. He did a wonderful job!
A short clip from the show.
Board meeting of the Building and Loan Association. Mr. Potter was quite funny! That's Uncle Billy above on the right.
Zuzu's petals
George on the bridge.
George experiences what the world would have been like if he had never been born. The guy in the checked suit is his guardian angel.
This was one of my favorite characters! He was so funny!








3 comments:
How neat!! I have a friend who just played the role of Mary Hatch in a "It's a Wonderful Life" play!
Those costumes are amazing; they did a very good job! :-)
Oh how neat! I love that movie. ;) The costumes look wonderful!
How fun! I'm so glad you had a nice weekend! It was good to see the baby in the photos, (a cutie) and the visiting relatives, too--they look really nice.
Mrs. G
Post a Comment