I first saw one of these scrapbook journals a few months ago when our friend Kelsey G. showed us hers. It looked like such fun! Then recently I saw two blogs that were talking about it (Feelin' Feminine, and JoyfulJewels4Jesus,) and I was reminded of Kelsy's idea and was inspired to try it myself. So I bought a 8 1/2" X 11" spiral sketch book and started cutting up magazines. :)
Here you can see the sketch book, glue stick, acid-free/fade proof pens, and my book of folders to store the 'cuttings' in. :)
I've discovered that searching for and cutting out pictures is a lot of fun! Now wherever I go I am on the lookout for things I can cut up.

This is such fun!
If you want to try it you will need:
- A sturdy spiral book with hard covers and blank pages
- magazines you can cut up
- scissors
- a good acid free pen or two
- a glue sick

Once you've pasted in a few pictures, you can write whatever you want in this book! Quotes, Bible verses, funny things your family/friends say, menus, poems, gardening ideas, favorite things, something that stood out to you when you were reading in the Bible (or another book)....you can also write about the pictures you've chosen to paste in.
Have fun!

~Alyssa









2 comments:
Dear Alyssa,
thank you so much for sharing those things about your scrapbook.
You were writing by hand some quotes or some thoughts ?
Adina
Yes exactly, I write quotes and thoughts in my book along with he pictures. :)
<3
Post a Comment