Thursday, January 28, 2010

Visit Emma's Home!


I recently found out that two of the homes used in the new Emma film are places one could actually visit and tour!

Squerryes Court
(left) was used for Hartfield, Emma's home.
May 29th - June 29th an exhibition will be there called ‘Jane Austen in West Kent’ with
costumes used by the BBC production of Emma on display. I would really like to see them and the house... too bad England is so far away!







Loseley Park
(right) was used for Mr. Knightley's
home Donwell Abbey.
(It was also used in the 2008 filming of Sense and Sensibility - I think it was Sir John's home, if I am remembering right.)

Read more about these houses HERE!




Scene from Emma 2009.

~Alyssa

3 comments:

Melanie said...

How cool!! I would LOVE to visit those; why is air travel so expensive?? :-S :-)

What's funny about Losely Park is that when I was preparing to write my story for NaNoWriMo last November, I was trying to find a house to base one of the character's houses off of. I wanted a sort of old, stony, possibly foreboding looking house. I found a picture of Losely Park and a description of the inside and was like, "Hey! This'll work." So I showed it to my younger sister and she was like, "Hey! That's Mr. Knightley's house!" "It is??" LOL! I would love to visit both of those. Isn't "Hartfield" so cheery looking?? :-D

the W. family said...

How fun that of all the houses in England you picked Mr. Knightley's house for your story!! :D I didn't realize it was used in the newer 'Sense and Sensibility' film too until today - I guess it's a popular place!

Yes, I think Hartfield is such a lovely cheery looking place. More people should build homes like that! Well, I guess that would be expensive... But they could make something similar on a smaller scale perhaps. :)
I love old houses, (and new ones that look old)!
~Alyssa :)

Rachel said...

Oo, I think we will have to plan a trip down to Kent in May!

Related Posts with Thumbnails