SILK SATIN & BROCADE RECEPTION GOWN, 1880s
Images from Augusta Auctions
Images from Augusta Auctions
This is such a beautiful dress!
I like the fabric combination the maker chose, it looks very elegant. I wonder if the dress was sewn by hand or on a treadle sewing machine?
I like the fabric combination the maker chose, it looks very elegant. I wonder if the dress was sewn by hand or on a treadle sewing machine?
Back view
It would be interesting to try a bodice like this, with the contrasting fabric insert in the front and the lace around the neckline.
~Alyssa











2 comments:
Gorgeous!!! I love 1880's styles!! :-D
Wow! *sigh* I'm not sure I could sew like that, but I would love too! :D
To the KING be all the glory!
Rebekah
BLOG: http://www.donotgrowweary.com/blog
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15
Post a Comment