Saturday was THE WEDDING!
Dad drove us down to the Kingery's Friday evening with a load of 600+ cupcakes, plus decorations and frosting. We unloaded and then helped make salad dressing, signs, etc. The wedding party did their rehearsal that evening too.
Derek and Rachel figuring things out.
Derek's 8 brothers were the groomsmen.
(Here they are all swatting mosquitoes of which there were thousands that night.)
(Here they are all swatting mosquitoes of which there were thousands that night.)
Saturday morning.....
The photographer, Rowan Gillson, also arrived mid morning and commenced taking pictures of the wedding dress, the ladies hair being fixed etc. Once the wedding party was ready they all went outside where he took the formal pictures.
The Kingery family
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Indoors, Mrs. DeVowe and her crew of helpers were preparing the food.
They mixed up 3 big tubs of noodle salad!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The photographer is ready...
The guests are seated.
Let the wedding begin!!
The congregation sang "To God be the Glory"
Then Derek seated the mothers.

Rachel to come down the aisle with her dad.
Mr. Tiemann gave the wedding message, which was excellent!
While they lighted the unity candle, Anna and Michelle (two of Rachel's sisters) sang the song: "Faithfully" By Eric and Leslie Ludy. They did a lovely job!
Here is the chorus from the song:
Faithfully, I am yours
From now until forever
Faithfully, I will write
Write you a love song with my life
Cause this kind of loves worth waiting for
No matter how long it takes I am yours
Faithfully
The Tiemann and Kingery families came up, and the dad's prayed for the couple.
Then...
The reception
Me at my post; I was the picture attendant. (Instead of a guest book, they had people sign a picture matte after the wedding ceremony.) I enjoyed that job very much!
Once the receiving line was done the Kingery's played and sang "My Heart Skips a Beat" (which Rachel requested them to sing for Derek), followed by "How Great Thou Art", and "Ill Fly Away". When they finished, everyone was yelling "more, more, encore!" So they sang "This is My Son (My Only Son)". :)
It was an amazing day full of answered prayer and happy memories!
(More thoughts about the wedding from Mrs. G HERE.)
Edited to say that the photographer has some of the pictures he took of the wedding up on his blog! Go HERE to see them!
(More thoughts about the wedding from Mrs. G HERE.)
Edited to say that the photographer has some of the pictures he took of the wedding up on his blog! Go HERE to see them!
~Alyssa












5 comments:
Wonderful post with beautiful pictures--good job Alyssa!
One comment though; the song Anna and Michelle sang was "Faithfully" by the Ludys, but they (or someone) had re-written most of the words, so they would fit the theme of the wedding rather than the "waiting period" before they met each other.
It was a very lovely day! Great to see your family. :)
love,
Kelsey
Oh dear, thank you so much for the correction! I didn't realize they changed the words to the song. I will delete some of it.
We were so glad you were well and able to come to the wedding!
Love,
Alyssa
Wonderful pictures and recap of a wonderful day, Alyssa! And thank you for the link to my blog :)!! I hope all your readers will come and visit me--I would love that!
Thanks so much!
Love,
Mrs. G
Actually, the Ludy's have written a wedding version to Faithfully. That is what we sang, the words can be found in their "The Perfect Wedding" book. These are the 2 verses:
Tonight I saw a shooting star, reminded me of everything you are, all my life i've dreamed of you, and wondered if I'd see my dreams come true. In this world of cheap romance, and love that only fades after a dance, they said I was a fool to wait for something more, but when I look into your eyes it's all I've waited for. You'll never know just what you mean to me, for as long as I live I'll love you faithfully.
CHORUS....
Tonight (we sang- Today)I seal my promise with this kiss, what ever lies ahead remember this, my heart has always been yours alone, and I belong to you from this day on. In this world of broken dreams, and promises that never seem to keep, they might say we're fools to live for something more, but (we sang- God has given you to me)you are part of who I am you're etched upon my soul. The years won't change all that you are to me, for a lifetime and a day I'll love you faithfully.
CHORUS...
Your pictures are great, Alyssa!
Love,
Anna
Anna,
Thank you for taking the time to type out the correct verses to the song you sang! Thank was kind of you. It's a beautiful song.
Love,
Alyssa
Post a Comment