We found out about David Klinkenburg, a young fiddle player from Oregon, from friends in Vermont. He truly has a gift for music! We found this interview with him that is very inspiring:
"With four strings and some friction you can stir the air, but if it's gospel, you can stir the heart."
We've only listened to his Christmas CD so far, so I'm not sure what his others are like.
Here is a clip I found of him playing a fiddle tune at a concert. One thing I really like about his playing is that he seems to really enjoying what he is doing!
From his web site:
With this now seasoned musician, creating a relationship between the atmosphere and the audience is the key.“I understand that carefully crafting the music is important, and you have to be true to yourself. But if you want to be a musician that means you must have a relationship with your fans, and hopefully help them build better relationships with their Creator. …It’s all about relationship.” A Klinkenberg concert is an event that spans the musical spectrum. From the classical to the kooky, David’s fiddle (as he likes to call it) generates a melodic mixed of inspiration, with a healthy dose of levity. “(In concert) the focus is not on the fiddle or making people think how great you are, but rather on creating an environment where they can forget the world and focus on worship... I want my shows to be a place where families can come and have fun and meet people in a Spirit-filled environment.”
~Alyssa
"With four strings and some friction you can stir the air, but if it's gospel, you can stir the heart."
We've only listened to his Christmas CD so far, so I'm not sure what his others are like.
Here is a clip I found of him playing a fiddle tune at a concert. One thing I really like about his playing is that he seems to really enjoying what he is doing!
From his web site:
With this now seasoned musician, creating a relationship between the atmosphere and the audience is the key.“I understand that carefully crafting the music is important, and you have to be true to yourself. But if you want to be a musician that means you must have a relationship with your fans, and hopefully help them build better relationships with their Creator. …It’s all about relationship.” A Klinkenberg concert is an event that spans the musical spectrum. From the classical to the kooky, David’s fiddle (as he likes to call it) generates a melodic mixed of inspiration, with a healthy dose of levity. “(In concert) the focus is not on the fiddle or making people think how great you are, but rather on creating an environment where they can forget the world and focus on worship... I want my shows to be a place where families can come and have fun and meet people in a Spirit-filled environment.”
~Alyssa








No comments:
Post a Comment