No, it's not one of Roy's starring features. It was a film set in and around the real Hollywood Canteen that used a very slight plot to gather a lot of the stars of the day in one film, most of them playing themselves. Lots of musical numbers in it, I believe.
However, Roy did make a movie of his own with the title Don't Fence Me In, using the song in the film, of course. I haven't seen that one yet.
Please do not use or copy original photographs or text without my consent. Of course you are most welcome to link to this site or to a post from this site. Thank you!
"...men ought always to pray and not lose heart." Luke 18:1b
Click on picture for a free audio copy of this message given by Peter Bradrick. It is aimed at young men, but gave us girls a lot to think about in many areas, especially how we use the time God has given us.
4 comments:
It's from Hollywood Canteen (1944) which was basically a cameo-fest - everybody appeared in it! I'd like to see the whole thing someday.
Thank you Elisabeth - I was wondering what the title of the film was! I'd like to see it in its entirety too.
~Alyssa
I was just wondering - do you know if 'Hollywood Canteen' is a Roy Rogers film, or just one he made an appearance in?
~Alyssa
No, it's not one of Roy's starring features. It was a film set in and around the real Hollywood Canteen that used a very slight plot to gather a lot of the stars of the day in one film, most of them playing themselves. Lots of musical numbers in it, I believe.
However, Roy did make a movie of his own with the title Don't Fence Me In, using the song in the film, of course. I haven't seen that one yet.
Post a Comment