Yesterday Mom, Dad and I left early for Rochester.
I saw this bumper sticker as we drove!
"Debt is normal. Be weird."
"Debt is normal. Be weird."
When we got to Rochester we ate lunch at Dunn Brothers. Yum!
Then we drove downtown. It's strange to think that I used to walk these sidewalks and go to the library and the stores here years ago!
I noticed that someone had their window open and their curtain blowing out on the top floor of this TALL building. Yikes!
We parked and walked to the library....
..where we went to the 'Friends of the Library' used book store.
I've always liked signs and thought this one on the newspaper building was kind of funny.
We drove around "Pill Hill" and then went to the Plummer House. This was the home of one of the original doctors at the Mayo Clinic. I would like to live in a house like this! It is so beautiful there and was lots of fun to photograph. :)

This is part of the back of the house...
The gardens were lovely.
Then we drove out to the assisted living home where Grandma K. has been staying since her hip surgery in January.

She seemed to be doing quite well. :)
She seemed to be doing quite well. :)
An old picture of Grandma and Grandpa that she had glued to a glass block that has a light in it.
On our way home we drove right by a field of these eyesores, I mean wind generators....
There were at least 50 of them all turning in the wind.
The drive home was very long and the wind really picked up.
At one point we could see clouds of top soil blowing away.









No comments:
Post a Comment