Friday, March 26, 2010

The Stars Also...



"Then God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also."
Genesis 1:14-16

The stars are mentioned in the creation account almost in an "Oh, by the way.." manner, but they are truly mind-boggling! We recently saw AIG's planetarium show on DVD called Created Cosmos. (I would highly recommend it, by the way.) It really put life in perspective and made me so grateful for a God who created all this vast universe and yet cares about each one of us on this little planet called Earth among billions of stars and galaxies!
Truly He is a great and awesome God!



~Alyssa

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi! I feel like I've come back from a vacation! Thank you for posting this--yes, we have an awesome God!
How are you all doing today? Good, I pray. Are you coming down for Easter, or does your church have special activities? It was good to see your family recently--wish we could do that more often!
Blessings,
Mrs. Gunn

the W. family said...

Thank you so much for your comment! I am doing well..I had a very good week with Grandma, but I am glad to be home again. :)
Yes, we are planning on coming to Cornerstone for Easter!! We are looking forward to that. :)
Hugs to you and Kelsey!
~Alyssa

Related Posts with Thumbnails