Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Way Back When-sday

I found this old Hoover Vacuum add from 1931 in the clearance section at an antique store the other day.  I like the picture of the couple all dressed up and the salesman wearing a three piece suit.  Can you imagine?!?  People used to dress so nicely - that is one 'trend' I wish would come back. (Well, maybe it's not technically a 'trend', but you know what I mean.)  :)
~Alyssa

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love that, too! It is one thing I wish would come back, as well, because I think people act somewhat according to how they look. When they are dressed nicely, neatly and they are receiving approval for the way they look through the eyes and looks of appreciation from passersby, it causes them to have a certain self-respect which results in better behavior and manners. That's just my philosophy, anyway, for what it's worth:) Thanks for posting that, Alyssa!
Mrs. G

Related Posts with Thumbnails