Yesterday I made bread, something I enjoy doing. :) Mom took pictures of me while I worked...
The grain is ground into flour.
Heating the liquid (oil, honey, and water) to 110.
Then it goes into the mixer and I add a few cups of flour and just 1/2 t. yeast.
It sits for 20 minutes and then...
...I add 1 T. salt and...
..the rest of the flour and let in knead for 9 minutes.
The kneaded dough goes into a large oiled bowl to rise throughout the day. (I make the dough in the morning and bake it late in the afternoon.)
Here it has risen quite a bit! It gets punched down several times throughout the day.
I form the dough into loaves and let it rise for 30 minutes.
Then it is baked:
Then it is baked:
When the loaves come out of the oven I brush the tops with butter.
~Alyssa







1 comment:
Your bread looks so good! :) It is funny to find old posts on your blog.
Post a Comment