Monday, April 5, 2010

A Find!


When I was staying with Grandma, I found this ironing board at the thrift store. It is a very unusual one - it has two parts that can be folded up or down, changing its shape. In the above picture there is a triangular piece folded down to make a point at the front end, and a rectangular part on the left side is up to make the board wider.


In this picture the triangle is up and the long part is folded down on the side to make the ironing board into a narrow rectangle! This will make ironing yardage much easier. :)
Has anyone seen anything like this? I really like it!

Edited to add a few more pictures...

Here is what it looks like up-side-down.


Close up of one of the rectangular side piece's hinges.


The triangular piece folded back...
..and laying flat.
I can't find a brand or company name on it anywhere. But it doesn't seem to be homemade either.

~Alyssa

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I've never seen anything like this, but it looks great!
Good for you, Alyssa!
It was great to see you all Sunday!
Lots of Love,
Mrs. Gunn

Diane Shiffer said...

Oh my! What a treasure! I really love ironing... find it quite relaxing actually, so I am a bit envious of your wonderful ironing board. ;)
Diane (aka persuaded from Sensibility)

Related Posts with Thumbnails